The four horses over the main door on the facade are a "prize" brought to Venice from the sack of Constantinople during the fourth crusade (around 1254). They date to Classical antiquity and at that time they were exposed at the hyppodrome of Constantinople.
The current horses are 1990's replicas of the original ones, which have been put inside the museum and restored.